twitter

Sunday 24 June 2012

How much bad luck can I have?


After the month started so well with The French Open, Sandown and Epsom it has just fallen apart with bad luck. Here are some examples of it…

·         Holland – enough said!

·         Russia backed at 2.58 to win Group A, traded at 1.30 and somehow threw it away. Not only did they miss out on the Group they didn’t even qualify from it.

·         Sweden v Ukraine nice greens on the draw and Sweden, the Swedes go 1-0 up and are looking good. Then they lose 2-1 from nowhere.

Although I made a small profit at Royal Ascot there were more hard luck stories...

·         Bated Breath backed Each-Way and ended up being beaten by less than a length.

·         The Fugue back 80% place 20% win, meant a small profit was made, but she met trouble in running and was beaten by less than a length.

·         Noble Mission backed to win at 5.80 and traded at 1.08 in running  when getting bumped all over the place and going down by less than a length.

To top it all off though we had the European GP, where I backed Vettel at 1.87. He built up a 21 second lead by lap 30 and traded at 1.10. The safety car then came out and erased that lead. He was still leading the race when the safety car came in and traded at 1.3x when he just stopped.

If half of those bets had landed I would have made a fantastic profit this month. Instead I’m scratching my head trying to work out how things went that bad. They say Karma’s a bitch but I haven’t done anything wrong!

However I’m not going to get myself too down, I’m still up for the year and this amount of bad luck can’t go on forever. Time for a few days off to enjoy some tennis and hopefully England at the Euros then back to work for the 2nd week of Wimbledon, The Open and Glorious Goodwood.





No comments:

Post a Comment