twitter

Saturday 16 June 2012

Euro 2012 Update and Day 9 Tips


Euro 2012 hasn’t gone great so far however I’m still confident of turning things round due to the below:

Russia
Ante-Post bets on them to win the group and the tournament are going well. They are one of the best supported sides and that gives the feeling the tournament is being hosted by 3 nations. They’re turning up everywhere, even at England’s game last night.
With Holland being absolutely dismal so far even if they do get through I wouldn’t fancy them. Russia should beat Greece tonight and bring in some money for the group winner bet, but then they will face the second placed team from Group B. None of these sides should hold any fear for Russia on current form, unless the Germans somehow throw it away.

France
Any twitter followers would have seen my tweet an in-play bet on France v Ukraine at 2.26, this bet coming in really gave me a confident boost. This was really needed after the previous days.
Ante-Post bets on them to win Group D now rest on them beating Sweden by a larger margin than England beat Ukraine, with the Swedes already out and looking really shaky at the back the chances of that happening look good to me.
If they win the group the likelihood is they will face Italy. I have been impressed with some of the Italians attacking play, but as Croatia showed you can get some joy if you have a go at them. With the attack minded players at Frances disposal I can see them having too much.

Russia v Greece
I was going to have the day off but I just can’t get away from backing Russia. The way the Greeks have started their previous two matches, this one could be over by half time. The Greeks attacking threat comes from Samaras, I still think Russia are capable of being strong defensively and this could be the game when they keep the clean sheet I’ve been expecting. Russia have tired in the second half of matches but they’ve made fast starts.

For those reasons I’ve had two bets tonight...

Russia to be winning at Half Time 2.44 – Betfair 2.5% of Bank
Russia to beat Greece 1.86 – Betfair 5% of Bank*
*I may trade this in running depending on how Russia are playing around 65 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment