twitter

Saturday 7 July 2012

Weekend Betting 7th & 8th July

It's been a decent Wimbledon from the profit perspective, however turnover has been down due to not having that many bets due to the rain. Today we have the Womens Finals between Radwanska and Williams. If Radwanska played anyone else in this she would win but Serena will power her off the court. However odds of 1.17 don't appeal to me, so I'm leaving this one alone unless anything turns up in-play.

Also today we have a really good card at Sandown and the race I am now interested in since the retirement of So You Think is the Coral Eclipse at 3:45. The horse I fancy done me no favors in The Derby when fast ground and the track didn't suit. BONFIRE is the only 3 year old in the field so receives weight all round (8-10 compared to 9-7), I am happy to ignore The Derby run and instead want to concentrate on his Dante ride. He won that race nicely add into that his two previous starts which produced a win and a 3rd both on soft ground. This race looks setup for him to make the frame again with enough question marks over the others. Farhh has stalls problems, Nathaniel is making his seasonal reappearance, 6 year olds and over don't have a good record.

Bonfire to be place 3:45 Sandown @ 2.72 


After my F1 winning run came to an end in Valencia, still scratching my head at how that happened, we are in 'sunny' Britain for round 9. At this time I don't have a bet but I'm hoping for a decent qualifying performance from Hamilton so that I can lay him tomorrow.

Tomorrow we have the mens Wimbledon final. I have been waiting for this opportunity for ages. I think everyone will agree the Federer will win a set. My thinking is that if this goes five set Fed wins as he been there done, mentally stronger and just better. So breaking it down I think Murray's only chance of winning this will be to win 3-1. I just can't see that happening and think the score will go the other way. I'll be getting heavily involved on Federer at anything over 1.50. Murray may have looked good in his semi-final but the match stats make interesting reading



Andy Murray (GBR) Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)
9  Aces11
2  Double faults2
67 of 111 = 60 %  1st serves in85 of 135 = 63 %
50 of 67 = 75 %  1st serve points won64 of 85 = 75 %
28 of 44 = 64 %  2nd serve points won16 of 50 = 32 %
134 MPH  Fastest serve140 MPH
117 MPH  Average 1st serve speed122 MPH
88 MPH  Average 2nd serve speed97 MPH
13 of 30 = 43 %  Net points won45 of 76 = 59 %
4 of 12 = 33 %  Break points won2 of 8 = 25 %
55 of 135 = 41 %  Receiving points won33 of 111 = 30 %
40  Winners47
12  Unforced errors42
133  Total points won113


The ones I've highlighted in green are the key stats. Federer won't be making 42 unforced errors and I sure he'll win more that 32% of point on his 2nd serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment