twitter

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Update and Day 5 Euro 2012 tips

I’m not going to try and sugar coat it, Euro2012 has been poor for me so far. The only good thing is that my Ante-Post selections are on course to do well. Russia and France have both shortened in the Overall Winner market. And Russia look set to win Group A.
France looked decent against England; they moved the ball well and kept possession. My question mark with them is over the defending. Credit to England though it was a very professional performance and it never looked like they were going to lose. I still expect France to win this group.
If both the Group winners come in it will go along way to restoring profits. My main problem so far seems to be some of my in-play stuff. With my pre kick-off selections I think I’ve been unlucky, but that’s not an excuse.
Anyway onto today and it’s back to Group A.
Greece v Czech Republic
The main focus of my bet here is the loss of Greek defenders. I think the Czechs will score and therefore force the Greeks to come out a bit. If the Czech Republic defends like they did against Russia then Greece will get chances. However if the Greeks are pushing forward it should allow the experienced Czech midfield to pick up and loose balls and counter attack.
For this reason my bet is…
Over 1.5 goals 1.54 – Betfair 2.5% of Bank
Poland v Russia
From all the first round of games Russia were the most impressive. The looked at ease when beating the Czech Republic 4-1 and didn’t break sweat. By contrast Poland looked good for 45 minutes against Greece but then fell apart in the second half. The pressure will be cranked up in this game because anything other than a Poland win could see them on the verge of elimination. I can see the Poles going for it from the off, but unable to break the solid Russian defence down. This should leave Russia free to counter and with Arshavin looking in the mood they should prevail.
Russia to beat Poland 2.64 – Betfair 5% of Bank
Lay Poland v Russia 3.20 - Betfair 10 % of Bank

No comments:

Post a Comment