twitter

Sunday 3 June 2012

Euro 2012 Winner Market

For anyone who has followed my tips on Twitter, 2012 has been a very successful year so far and with that attention now turns to Euro 2012. I've been looking forward to this for a while and want to go into a bit more detail than 140 characters on why I select my bets.

Having looked at the Euro 2012 draw I have managed to find what I think are 3 value bets in the Tournament Winner market. All three of them dutched pays around 4/1 but also they should set up a good trading opportunity.

France 
I've liked the look of the French side for a while now, they're unbeaten in 20 games and have a group which they can win easily. The way England play I cannot see them causing the French too many problems in the opening game and the likes of Benzema and Ribery will wear England down. That will leave them needing 4 points from the last 2 games to win the group. In the quarters they should then face Italy, Ireland or Croatia; again they should have too much for any of them.

They'll then be in the semis where I think they'll come up against my 2nd selection Holland. I have the Dutch down to win group B. This is because the core of the German squad is based around Bayern Munich. Munich haven't won a trophy since 2010, couple that with few poor German results recently and a tough opening game against Portugal, I think the Dutch will beat them in the 2nd group game and win the group.

With the Germans coming 2nd in Group B, I think they'll come up against my 3rd selection Russia. The Russians are defensively solid but also have the fire power up front. They are in the easiest group against sides, namely Greece, who struggle to score. They've avoided the hosts in the 1st game which is a plus for me. They'll need a lot of things to fall right for them to win this, with games against Germany, Spain, France or Holland, but there's a value call due to the potential for a trade if they get to the semis.

Get the prices your bookie is offering, put them into the calculator http://www.oddschecker.com/betting-tools/dutching-calculator.html and stake accordingly for 10% of your total bank.


No comments:

Post a Comment