twitter

Saturday 1 September 2012

The Championship Saturday 1st September 2012

It's been a good start to The Championship season with 3 from 3 coming in. Two lays of Forest at Huddersfield and Bolton (one of them was late on  twitter) and Middlesbrough to beat Palace. Hopefully this run can continue this weekend.

Nottingham Forest v Charlton Athletic

Both these side have had good starts to the season, picking up 7 points. I said in my pre-season review that I thought Forest were over-rated and I was going to take them on in the early weeks (which has paid well after laying them twice). However they are turning into a decent footballing side. They are keeping hold of the ball and that should help them, especially at home. Their main issue has been the failure to put away the numerous chances they create. They have now addressed that with the signing of Billy Sharp.

Charlton have continued from last season, I can't fault their start, but I feel that they will be in for a tough time at the City Ground, spending large amounts of time without the ball and the home side carving out many chances.

I was expecting Forest to be 1.9x so the 2.0x on Betfair looks like value

Nottingham Forest to win 2.06 - Betfair

Burnley v Brighton

My question for this match is 'Are Brighton better than Burnley?' At the moment my answer is no. Brighton create plenty of chances and put 5 past Barnsley, a team I think will be in the bottom two come May, but didn't score in their opening two fixtures.

Burnley have lost their last two, but these were both away from home. At Middlesbrough they were beaten by two 'wonder' goals in the last 11 minutes. Admittedly they were out at Huddersfield and the form of that result will not really be seen until later in the season. I have a feeling that Huddersfield could be very strong at home.

Brighton could go here and make my tip look stupid but I cannot see why Brighton are under 3.50 here.

Lay Brighton at up to 3.45 - Betfair

No comments:

Post a Comment