twitter

Tuesday 18 September 2012

The Championship 18th & 19th September 2012


It’s a tough midweek fixture list to call and I toyed with the idea of laying Leeds and Forest, on the basis that they were maybe a little short. However I have decided against this, so won’t me having a main bet from my Championship bank on this round of fixtures.

I will as usual be having the #ToiletRollAcca and a little treble to keep the evening interesting. For the treble I’ve looked at the both teams to score market:

Peterborough v Bristol City
Peterborough always have considered if you are looking for over 2.5 goals or Both Teams to Score. The home side have already conceded 12 goals in their 5 games this season, including a 5-2 defeat at Burnley on Saturday. They may try to shut up shop on tonight but I cannot see them keeping a clean sheet against a Bristol City, who admittedly have score in their previous 2 away games but have scored 11 at home. They’ve had two tough away games at Forest and Barnsley (unbeaten at home this season). I believe that this is a perfect opportunity for them to pick up their first goal and potentially point on the road this season.

Crystal Palace v Nottingham Forest
Rather surprisingly Palace have scored in every game they’ve played this season. They seemingly have started to get the balance right between attack and defence, and with players like Zaha, Williams and Bolasie they are looking a lot more balanced in midfield. Nottingham Forest have had score draws in both their away games this season. They like to keep the ball; can score spectacular goals with players like Cox and McGugan, a proven goal scorer in Billy Sharp. With the Palace defence still looking shaky from set pieces I feel Forest will score and the likely result is another away score draw. This would also be Palace’s first draw of the season.

Ipswich v Wolves
Ipswich already have two score draws at home this season and conceded 11 goals in their 5 games so far. Wolves are slowly improving but the defensive frailties are still there, they’ve lost both their away games so far conceding 4 goals. Michael Chopra will always be a threat and with him in your side you’ve always got a good chance of a goal.

Both Teams to Score in those 3 games pays over 4/1 with Stan James

#ToiletRollAcca
As I said earlier this is a tough round of fixtures call, there are a large number of away sides priced at under 2/1. Those prices don’t really interest me and I fancy a larger than average number of draws. With that in mind I’ll be backing the below accumulator at over 300,000/1.

Birmingham v Bolton – Birmingham
Blackburn v Barnsley – Blackburn
Derby v Charlton – Draw
Leeds v Hull – Hull
Millwall v Cardiff – Draw
Peterborough v Bristol City – Draw
Watford v Brighton – Draw
Blackpool v Middlesbrough – Blackpool
Crystal Palace v Nottm Forest – Draw
Ipswich v Wolves – Draw
Leicester v Burnley – Draw
Sheff Wed v Huddersfield -Draw

I will not be having anywhere near the usual amount of money I put on my Match Odds singles and advise absolute minimum stakes on these bets.

No comments:

Post a Comment