twitter

Saturday 22 June 2013

Royal Ascot Day 5

Final day of Royal Ascot is here and it's been a frustrating meeting. I'm still in profit (just) but yesterday carried on from Thursday. I backed Sandiva at 11/4 she was backed into 7/4 and finished 2nd. Big Break started 9/2 after I had backed her at 13/2 but found nothing off the bridle. Hoping that I can land one winner today to end the meeting on a high, before Glorious Goodwood next month.

Hardwicke Stakes - 15:05

Ektihamm won over course and distance last time out, beating Thomas Chippendale who himself won at The Royal Meeting last year, beating Noble Mission. The previous race to that was at Sandown where Ektihamm was a neck third to Thomas Chippindale. The winner of that race was Al Kazeem, who has gone on to show his class when winning here on Wednesday. Ektihamm looks to be on an upwards curve and today looks to be a day for siding with him.

Back Ektihamm at 11/4 - 888Sports


Diamond Jubilee Stakes - 15:30

There are form lines all over the place in this race with most of the horses beating each other at some point. Due to this I have whittled it down to Maarek and Society Rock. The reason I have got my short-list down to this two is because the both have previous course and distance wins and have won this season.

My pick however will be Maarek. He won the Sprint back on Champions Day last year and at 22/1 looks a bit of value to me.

Back Maarek at 22/1 - Stan James


No comments:

Post a Comment