twitter

Thursday 20 June 2013

Royal Ascot Day 4

Day 3 was probably the most frustrating days racing I can remember. It started when I woke up and realised there had been no rain. I then went on twitter and gave bullish comment about No Nay Never who was trading at 7.60. However I didn't take my advice and stuck with Coach House in the hope of the rain coming. No Nay Never won and Coach House came 2nd. In the next race I fancied Riposte but didn't back it due to the predicted weather and strong opposition, two of the main rivals pulled out and she went on to win at 9/2.

Rite of Passage was my selection in The Gold Cup but was pulled out on account of the ground. Estimate was my other fancy in that race but I left her unbacked as I don't like to back something on account my fancy being pulled out. She won at 6/1. In the next I was on Wentworth at 5/1 and he was flying but couldn't reel in the front runners on the quick ground, eventually finishing 4th (I wasn't on each way).

Then to compound my misery I backed Van Der Neer to win and not each way at 13/1. He travelled well through the race and looked winner when hitting the front, however he tired in the final 100 yards to finish 3rd. That's enough moaning anyway, I'm still in profit and I'm confident of finding a winner on 'Essex Day'.

The Albany - 14:30

The form line of this race ties in nicely with Wednesdays Queen Mary, which was won by the impressive Rizeena. In that race a filly called Fig Roll was 4th. On the 3rd of June Fig roll was beaten by Sandiva and that looks to be the smartest form line in this race. I was expecting the price to be nearer 9/4 so I'll take the 11/4.

Back Sandiva at 11/4 - General


Coronation Stakes - 15:45

Big Break is a horse that I have been waiting to cross The Irish Sea for this season. I fancied her for The Guineas and The Oaks, but she had a set back so didn't make the trip. She had her seasonal reappearance in the Irish 1000 where she didn't have the run of the race, she had to come wide, was knocked about but still looked the winner with half a furlong to go. She'll come on the run and Weld has sent her over because he knows she is class. I believe that she'll show that she is the best 3 year old filly out there and win this comfortably.

Back Big Break at 7.6 - Betfair

***I will also be getting on the double for the above two at 27/1 with Totesport/Betfred***


Buckingham Palace Stakes - 17:35

Not a race to be getting heavily involved in but there are a couple I like at each-way prices. Redvers and Smarty Socks tick all the boxes I like. They've won over course and distance and have won recently. It's only a race for small stakes at the prices.

Back Redvers at 20/1 each-way - Totesport/Betfred
Back Smarty Socks win at 29 - Betfair
Back Smarty Socks place at 6 - Betfair



No comments:

Post a Comment