twitter

Friday 8 March 2013

The Championship - 9th & 11th March Part 1

We had an excellent Tuesday night with Palace winning at 2.44 and Ronaldo scoring at 2.26. I'm hoping it continues this weekend. We were also close with the #ToiletRollAcca getting 8 from 12 - the 8 result that were right would have paid nearly 5000/1. I'm convinced that this acca will come in one day and hopefully that day is soon. But until then we'll keep growing the bank with singles. The main bank is currently standing at +36.07% which is better than any ISA or Icelandic banking scheme.

Bolton v Brighton

These two sides sit side by side in the form table, with identical 4-2-0 record. With Bolton 5 point behind Brighton in the table a win here would really close the gap. Looking at the way these side are currently playing I feel there is more to like about Bolton. For me Brighton are too inconsistent in front of goal to be serious promotion contenders. They play pretty football but lack a cutting edge.

I have a feeling that Brighton's recent good run of form may be coming to an end, this is a tricky game, followed by a Tuesday night game in Barnsley and then their cup final against Palace. The month then finishes of with a trip to a Forest side that may very well of leapfrogged them by then. If they do end up struggling in the next four games the price on Bolton this weekend would have been too big.

I know I'm looking a few weeks down the line but betting is about predicting the future. If my theory comes true then you'd expect Bolton to be around the 2.20 mark for this.

Back Bolton at 2.30 - Betfair

Crystal Palace v Leeds United

I'm getting a little bored of this bet now even though it keeps paying out. I'm sure anyone reading this is bored of my Palace write-ups too, so I'll keep it simple.

If this was Watford, Leicester or Cardiff at home to Leeds they would be priced at 1.7x maybe 1.8x at a push. Palace are 1.95!

Should a team that are unbeaten in 17 home games and have just beaten the side who were 2nd be priced like that? Should a side who have only lost 8 of their last 56 league games at Selhurst be priced like that? If your answers are 'no' then you have to place this bet.

Back Crystal Palace at 1.95 - Betfair


No comments:

Post a Comment