twitter

Tuesday 5 March 2013

The Championship - 5th March

Crystal Palace v Hull

We're back to one of our most trusted bets this season, Palace at home above 2.00 vs anyone. Palace have now only lost 8 of their last 55 games at Selhurst Park and are unbeaten in their last 16 home games since Watford scored two goals in the last two minutes on the opening day of the season.

I don't see much difference between these two sides, the addition of George Boyd has helped Hull with some of their attacking problems but Palace haven't really found him a handful in the past. I cannot see why Hull are the price they are in the market when you consider their recent away form. They were beaten 4-1 at Bolton, 1-0 at Brighton and drew 1-1 at Peterborough. They did however win at Millwall after scoring the only goal of the game after 32 seconds, Millwall are currently on a run of six defeats in seven games. Hull are going to have to really up their game if they are to get a result here, there will be long periods when they don't have the ball. When these two sides met in November Hull dramatically tired in the last 20 minutes and fitness could be key again here.

I can see this game going one of two ways, Palace will either put in an assured and professional performance like they did against Middlesbrough, score an early goal and end up winning comfortably. Or they will be knocking on the door all evening until they finally break Hull down in the last 20 minutes.

These two side are of equal ability so therefore the match should be price at around the H-2.25, D-3.50, A-3.75 mark.

Back Crystal Palace at 2.44 - Betfair

Both Teams To Score

I was having a conversation on why backing NO BTTS in these markets is often the value. Basically the odds in these markets have contracted so much on the YES side, due to the amount of people backing that outcome it's created value on the other side. So I thought I'd have a look into the markets for a few weeks to see what I could find. Keeping stakes to a minimum for a bit of fun.

Cardiff City v Derby County - NO
Bristol City v Brighton -NO
Crystal Palace v Hull -NO

Treble Pays 8.82 with Paddy Power

#ToiletRollAcca
I keep getting half way with this and would be showing a profit if I backed all my picks in singles but I'd be kickign myself if I got it up and I hand't placed the accumulator.

Pays over 411,373/1 with Bet365

Draw
Burnley v Barnsley

Nottingham Forest
Nottingham Forest v Ipswich

Draw
Huddersfield v Middlesbrough

Draw
Millwall v Wolverhampton

Draw
Bristol City v Brighton

CardiffCardiff v Derby

Watford
Watford v Sheffield Wednesday

Draw
Leicester v Leeds

Draw
Peterborough v Charlton

Draw
Birmingham v Blackpool

Draw
Bolton v Blackburn

Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace v Hull



No comments:

Post a Comment