twitter

Thursday 14 March 2013

Cheltenham Festival Day 3

So far so good this week. Six winners from eight advised bets. The personal highlight for me was The New One beating 'Irish hype banker' Pont Alexandre at 6.20. The Ante-Post accumulator is still going strong with four of the six races in so far.

Jewson Novices Chase - 1:30 Cheltenham

Leg 5 of my ante-post acca comes down to this horse, Dynaste. The below is what I wrote back in January.


I went to Kempton on Boxing Day with the intention of backing this horse in The Feltham, I was expecting 1/2 but got 4/6  before the off. This horse was hurdling last season against Big Bucks and the problem with judging the form of those races is that horses have to be ridden differently if they want a chance of winning.

This season he has gone chasing and won all 3 of his starts and he won The Feltham by 9 lengths due to a round of massive jumping. No Feltham winner has ever won The RSA Chase and that's probably why the price is around 5/2. He could alternatively go for The Jewsons so I think it's worth putting him in for both as whichever one he goes for I believe that he will start shorter than he currently is.

From what I saw in the RSA yesterday I think would of won that race. He's gone for this race however and on paper it looks easier to win. I see no reason to desert him now, the only negative may be the drying ground but he goes well fresh.

Back Dynaste - 2.54 Betfair
**I took 2.72 last night but din't post this up before the price collapsed, sorry**


Ryanair Chase - 2:40 Cheltenham

For me this race center's around one horse, First Lieutenant. He has stong winter form with runs behind Tidal Bay and Bobs Worth (who is Gold Cup Favourite and one I fancy). He also has previous festival form when winning the 2011 Neptune, beating Rock On Ruby, who has since won a Champion Hurdle and finished runner up on Tuesday. Last year he was beaten in the RSA by Bobs Worth, a horse that has won all its races at Cheltenham.

Back First Lieutenant - 3.55 Betfair

The double on the above two pays out at 9.63 with Paddy Power


Through The Card

I fancy a bit of a laugh today to go with the two singles above so I'm going to have a little on this 11,624,158/1 accumulator. I'll also put the first six in a place pot.

13:30 - Dynaste
14:05 - Junior
14:40 - First Lieutenant
15:20 - Solwhite
16:00 - Mad Moose
16:40 - Alfie Sherrin
17:15 - Any Currency

I've placed a whole 6p each-way 7-fold on those with  BetVictor as the maximum payout is £1million!






No comments:

Post a Comment