twitter

Thursday 14 March 2013

Cheltenham Festival Day 4

Yesterday didn't go exactly to plan, I made a total profit of £2.67 thanks to Solwhit at 9/1 (advised via Twitter) recovering the losses I made on Dynaste coming second after looking the winner and trading at 1/3 in running and First Lieutenant hitting a fence when getting into contention to also finish second.

If truth be told I not been fully efficient this week despite 7 winners from 11. My staking plan has been truly awful. To put it into context if I had decided to bet £10 each on all of my selections then I would be +£227, I would also only of had to put my hand in my pocket for the 1st race as I picked a 7/1 winner in that. So instead of my being in the four figure profit range, I'm in three figures due to overstaking/understaking.

Anyway it's been three profitable days and hopefully I can make it four with Friday's selections.

Triumph Hurdle - 1:30 Cheltenham

I'm always banging on about course and distance form, won last time out etc etc. There are two horses that tick those boxes for me in this Rolling Star and Far West. I've been saying for a while that I didn't think Nicholl's would have a winner this week and so far that's proved correct. Therefore I'm going to stick to my guns and oppose Far West.

Back Rolling Star - 4.5 General


Albert Bartlett - 14:40 Cheltenham

Again looking at this race there is one horse that fits my profile and this one has the added bonus of having its form franked this week. At Fishers Cross beat The New One at Cheltenham back in January and on Wednesday The New One was one of the most impressive winners of the week when landing the Neptune. Back in December At Fishers Cross again won at Cheltenham but with this years Coral Cup winner Medinas back in fourth.

The form line with this horse are solid, the only concern for me is the ground. He's usually been a runner on Soft or Heavy so genuine quick Good ground is an unknown.

Back At Fishers Cross - 4.00 Betfair


The Gold Cup - 3:20 Cheltenham

This race is simple for me, which is all the more gutting that Dynaste cost me my ante-post accumulator. Bobs Worth has the best form in this race and loves it round Cheltenham, four starts and four wins. His form on all the others in this race is the strongest based on his Hennessey run.

Long Run is an obvious danger but I can't be backing him, already beaten by Silviniaco Conti this season and an awful round of jumping in the King George mean I can't be backing him. The main danger to Bobs Worth is the other horse form my ante-post bet, Sir Des Champs. When he won the Jewsons last year I instantly thought Gold Cup winner. He comes into his own at this time of the year and loves Cheltenham, two runs and two wins in consecutive festivals.

I want them both on my side so I'm splitting my stake between them.

Back Bobs Worth for 57.61% of stake - 3.90 Betfair
Back Sir Des Champs 42.39% of stake - 5.30 Betfair

I've had a good week and will be in profit with whatever happens to the above, but hopefully we can have the perfect end to the festival and do what we threatened on Tuesday and Wednesday, get a clean sweep of winners!



No comments:

Post a Comment