twitter

Saturday 6 April 2013

The Championship - 6th April

2013 has been an awful year on the football for me and I now find my Championship bank not in profit for the first time this season. I now have 5 weeks left to beat the banks interest rate, so I need two more winners than losers in that time. I'm confident that I can do it based on my for in the first half of the season.

Fortunately this year hasn't been all bad, I've had a profitable Australian Open, Six Nations, Cheltenham Festival and Aintree has done me well this week.

Birmingham City v Millwall

I sided with Birmingham last on Monday and they capitulated in the 1st half hour against Wolves by going 3-0 down. They managed to fight back to 2-3 in that game and will hopefully take heart from that and put in a performance here. Before that defeat they were on a three game winning run. Their form this year has seen them climb away from relegation trouble, a win on Monday would have given them an outside chance of the play-offs.

Millwall's form has been patchy in 2013, they started badly but have improved as their cup run went on. They now have a semi-final next week so a few minds may be on that especially as relegation looks to be staved of this year.

The odds suggest that Millwall have the slightly better side, however league position and current form doesn't show this.

Back Birmingham City at 2.38 - BetVictor


Brighton v Leicester City

I can't work out why Brighton are priced larger than 2.25 for this game. Leicester may have the largest wage bill in the league but that's no use when you're bottom of the form table with one win in ten and you're struggling to score goals.

Brighton are better than Leicester, they have better players and in Ulloa they seem to have found a goalscorer. Brighton are on a run of two defeats in eleven, having won five of those. Their high number of draws this season is a cause for concern but a lot of that is due to their wastefulness in front of goal.

A win from Brighton today and they'll almost certainly be in the play-offs barring a disaster final four games and these odds look to high.

Back Brighton at 2.48 - Betfair


#ToiletRollAcca

Pays out at over 90,000/1 with BetVictor this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment