twitter

Friday 5 April 2013

Aintree - Day 2

I got two winner and two thrids yesterday to bring up a profit. However some of my followers backed my selections in each-way 4-folds and got some tidy profits, I recieved this email today;

Hahaha bet £100 each way yesterday on the 4 horses £670 back!! ;) spunked it in a strip bar last night!! Doh!! loooool

Today poses some interesting questions with two odds-on favourites but I'm going to try and keep it simple as over-complicating things would just make it more difficult than it needs to be.

2:00 Aintree - Novices' Hurdle

My Tent Or Yours is a horse I like but I had to take it on at Cheltenham as I thought Champagne Fever had better claims at a bigger price. It comes here and on form and ratings it looks like it should win this doing handstands.

I just can't really find anyhting to oppose it with. Zuider Zee is up in class and doesn't look like it can cause an upset here. Forgotten Voice is the main danger but it's a hard horse to settle and that may be an issue of a mudduling pace. If he runs to form you still need MTOY to run well below par for him to beat him.

My only real concern is if MTOY has had too much racing this year, I think he would have had enough rest since Cheltenham and The New One showed yesterday that you can run a big race, as a novice, after Cheltenham if you have the class.

Back My Tent Or Yours at 1.44 - General


2:30 Aintree - Novices' Chase

I was convinced that Dynaste would win at the festival and it still hurst that his 2nd place cost me a nice payout on my 80/1 accumulator. He looked the winner in-running, touched 1/3 but then was out battled up the hill, when he found nothing after the last.

The key for me in this though is the impressive performance of Captain Conan yesterday. Captain Conan finished 5th at Cheltenham, just over a length behind Dynaste. To me that shows that The Jewsons wasn't really an enrergy sapping race, so I'm not worried by this coming just three weeks later.

I believe that Dyanste ran below par that day as on all the form he has shown you would of expected him to power up the hill and win that by 3-4 lengths. if you belive that he ran below par and he can be back to form in this then the price is massive value. Even factoring in that good ground isn't his best I still have to back at the prices.

Back Dynaste at 3.05 - Betfair


3:05 Aintree - Melling Chase

I've ummed and arred over ti srace for a week or so now, there are so many ways you can look at it! Flemenstar is a horse that I never fancied over 3m+ as he cruises in his races but then empties in the last four furlongs, so 2m4f looks his best trip.

Cue Card is a classy horse and it's form was boosted yesterday by First Leuitenant winning. The drop back in trip has helped after he finished 20 lenghts behind Long Run in the King George.

However having said all of this Sprinter Sacre has just looked class over fences. He beat Cue Card in The Arkle last year and now they matchup again in over a longer trip. I'm glad that he is taking this route as it could be easy to stay in his comfort zone of two miles. Henderson does like to train his horses for speed rather than stamina but that doesn't really look to be much of an issue here. They'll be going ridiculousy quick in this as it's a flat track and good ground. I can just see that playing into Sprinter Sacres handsust think he'll have them all working to stay with him three out adn if he doesn't make mistakes they'll won't be able to catch him if Geraghty has to give him a shake of the reigns.

In short he's 1.36 to win this however after the race the most likely thing we'll be saying is that he should of been 1.20.

Back Sprinter Sacre at 1.36 - Betfair

The win treble on these three pays a little over 9/2 (5.59) with BetVictor, and they'll match your first bet upto with a free bet of up to £25 here





No comments:

Post a Comment